Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bisi Bele Bath (Sambhar Rice)

Hi All,
I know its been a long time since I updated my recipe book... Been lazy for sometime so didn't try anything new or nothing tasted extraordinary to be shared. But of late , I have been constantly requested by my "Kondattam Gals" for some recipes. I know gals its been late, but finally I get the time to share it with you! But then forgot to take the pictures this time. (Didnt expect it to be so good that its recipe would be wanted).Hopefully,I will update the blog with pictures when I make it next time.


Ingredients

  • Rice 1 cup
  • Thur dhal 1/2 cup
  • Tamarid 1 lime sized
  • potatoes,peas,carrots 1cup / or any vegetable of your choice
  • small onions 1/4 cup
  • salt
  • ghee
  • cashew

For the bath powder

  • red chillies 10
  • coriander seeds little
  • fenugreek seeds very few
  • black gram dal 1tsp
  • Bengal gram dal 1tsp
  • cinnamon 1inch
  • cloves 2
  • coconut (dry) 1tblsp
  • Fry the above in little oil and grind to powder after cooled
Method
  1. cook the vegetables separately with little salt and set aside.
  2. cook the rice and dhal together.
  3. heat oil,season mustard seeds,add onions and fry well
  4. add tamarind juice and boil till raw flavor goes.
  5. Add salt, asafetida,vegetables.
  6. Add cooked rice and dhal.
  7. heat ghee,fry cashew and garnish.
  8. Add coriander leaves for more color and flavor.
  9. Serve with hot chips and raita.

No comments:

Post a Comment